Thursday, July 10, 2008

G is for Gratitude

No need for a recovery today – last night I probably didn’t drink more than two glasses of wine. Wine! I believe I have had more wine this week than I have had a in a long time. Between the wine tour, wine with my Arizona friend, wine with new Roomie and then wine last night, I might be wine-tuckered-out.

Or maybe not.

Last night was one of those sweet nights where you live in the present and you just appreciate how things are. You’re not planning ahead or lamenting the past, you just ARE. And that’s how I felt, surrounded by the clink-and-clank of friends’ silverware as they dove into their rich pasta dishes and got to know one another. We took over the entire restaurant, our large group, and the host seemed so happy that we were there that he gave us an extra bottle of chianti on the house, and clapped along with my friends as they sang me “Happy Birthday” over a candle-lit tiramisu—my favorite Italian dessert.

I feel lucky.

It was a Happy Day.

No comments: