Tuesday, January 8, 2008

6 Months...Really?


Tomorrow (or today, depending on where you are) will be my six month anniversary at my job to the day! (GASP!) I have survived the analytical, financial, titillating world of numbers and math and ROI for six months.

Now, who would have thunk it? A short blond girl like me from the desert?

Anyway, beyond career, I've also been in Los Angeles for six months. This is exciting and unnerving at all once because (1) time really does go by too fast and (2) I feel like I've only just begun my exploring and (3) my brother thinks I've become allergic to clean air since living here.


I've learned/done a few things:


1. I can change my own light bulbs now (even the ones high up!)

2. I've had a Major Math Refresher with my job (haven't had that since algebra in college, which was a joke)

3. I am still scared of spiders, but if I really have to kill one on my own, I can (throwing a book at said spider from afar...it's gotta be a book I don't like).

4. Started a writer's group & book club...so now I can hang out with more nerds who might understand me, just maybe.

5. I've learned I'm really out of shape

6. Dinner parties with too much wine and a hookah can be a great way to pass a Wednesday night.

7. Never to put pizza dough in a dishwasher and expect it to be okay.

8. I can spin a dradle like a Mother

9. How to parallel park...well...I might have to be a lifelong learner with that one.

10. I can peacefully sleep through what's gotta be the loudest plumbing in all of Los Angeles.

1 comment:

Leah Holiman said...

I love it! And I love that four of the things you've learned in 6 months I was there to witness. You go Jo!