Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Say it With Me: CROW. A. SHA.

Croatia, you fools!

It's BOOKED! This is huge. I am filled with glee right now (and lots of wine). Lisa and I finally booked. Rather than just talking about this trip over dinners or casual emails, or dreaming about it and wishing for it, we're DOING it.

But it took a while.

It's raining in Los Angeles, so much for those sunny days. I decided to pack up my stuff at work and take things home, where I could work from the comfort of my desk (kitchen table), with a homecooked mean (pasta) and lots of good cheer (cheap wine). Lisa and I made a phone date to discuss the booking of tickets.

Keep in mind we haven't really researched yet. But we're very much excited and confident that we made the right choices!

We're flying in and out of Dubrovnik, the quaint town by the sea. The one we dreamed of. The one where we splash with fish all day in clear white-blue waters, where it's a requirement to be hot to be a kayak instructor. The dream where we actually dip our toes in to that pond and kayak. Where we eat fish at night, drink a lot of wine and mingle with the locals. The dream where they see my last name on my American Express and give me a nod of respect, like "Man, this girl is LOCAL. She's CROATIAN." The dream where we have tan cheeks and brown arms from laying out all day, and when we're not in the waters we're in sundresses oooohing and ahhhhing at it all.

We've got much to do. We now have to figure out how to get from Dubrovnik to Zagreb or wherever the heck we decide we want to roam.

Eh, details.

No comments: