Friday, March 28, 2008

SF Excursion

A part of me is kicking myself for traveling two weekends in a row, but what can ya do? This weekend I'm making the trek to San Francisco. I'm not sure I can put SF on my "List of Towns I Could Live In" but it's definitely on my list of favorite places to visit. Something so charming and romantic about that town. I could walk for miles and miles all night there and never get tired or bored with its quaint corners and organic eateries; its hills and the occassional trolley ride; the amazing food and wine merchants; the boutique shops and Ghiradelli sundaes. I'm meeting an old friend at the airport in Oakland and then we have dinner reservations tonight in SoMa at a restaurant recommended to me by my ultra-foodie boss. After, we'll be making the rounds at the numerous wine bars in the SoMa neighborhood, so I'm excited to explore those and mingle with the locals.

The rest of the weekend will be filled with spontaneous trouble and serendipitous discoveries. Friends are coming into the city from San Jose on Saturday. We'll be exploring, drinking, exploring, drinking....understand the pattern? I want to rent bikes in the Presidio on Sunday, we'll see how that one goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you found something fun to do on Friday night in SF