Monday, March 3, 2008

Summer Cravings

The days are getting longer and the mornings are becoming brighter. I’m sleeping wonderfully these days; my friend Insomnia seems to have gone into hiding. It’s easier to wake up now when the sunshine leaks through the blinds and fills my room with a soft yellow glow.

I have spring fever. If I could work outside in the courtyard where the waterfalls run smooth over boulders and statues of cupids and goddesses accompany me, surrounded by mounds of flowers and creeping green vines, I would be content.

Tonight I’ll be sipping wine somewhere in West Hollywood, enjoying tastes of delectable Italian dishes with old friends, the lights of cars winding through the city twinkling outside the restaurant windows, and the comforting hum and clank of silverware and buzz of conversation soothing the day away.


No comments: