Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hike and Bike

My work friend and I hiked Temescal Canyon today. This is the same hike I did with Roomie and Brentwood friends a few weeks ago; a pocket of nature and trails and GREEN just 15 minutes from my apartment. It was a perfect day since it wasn't too hot, it was just enough, and a cool breeze came often enough to soothe us. After, we grabbed tacos at Wahoo's. Can you tell I'm in Los Angeles?

Another LaCA thing to do: Yesterday Roomie and I bought beach cruisers at a place in Culver City called Chubby's Cruisers. Her boyfriend tagged along to help us pick out our latest mode of transportation. I chose a shiny red cruiser and her bike is pale blue. They are completely identical other than the colors, and we both have matching black baskets, matching helmets and locks. This will be our means for arriving at the beach and lunches and quick errands, maybe even the bars on occasion. Beach cruisers are a very LA thing and it seems like it's either them or a street bike in this city; the average bike won't do. Roomie and I threw the bikes in the back of her SUV and since I was the shortest of the three of us, I got stuck riding in the back with the bikes, one leg tangled up in the mess of spokes and handle bars, my other leg propped up on top of the hardware, my head resting on a pedal. The happy couple up front snagged a photo of me in all of the metal bike mess, but since I don't look too happy at the time, I'm not posting it! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.