Monday, August 4, 2008

A Del Taco Junkie took my credit card

I lost my credit card. I think I left it at Costco. I'm an idiot. I took out my credit card when I was shopping last week and was probably waving that thing around in a frantic panic attack because at the time I thought I had lost my debit card. So I called the bank last Thursday night, after Costco, and made a big to-do about my debit card (the wrong card!) and in the process basically gave some asshole my credit card by leaving it at Costco. And then I didn't realize all this until a few days later.

Whoever took it did not go out and buy a car or a boat. They did not go on a shopping spree at Banana Republic. They did not eat anywhere that offers actual silverware versus plastic and ketchup packets. They didn't get a massage or buy some cool new plasma TV.

They went to Del Taco three times to stuff their fat face and then dropped $270 at Target.

I'm not dumping on Target. I like Target. It's a happy place and I appreciate going there since it's a big deal to get to a Target in Los Angeles (this ain't the sticks!) But who goes to Target with a stolen credit card? Couldn't they have done better?

If I had a stolen credit card, I would have loaded up on a ton of gas. I would have bought so much gas I would have to keep in my pantry. Inside my apartment. Just loads of gas. I would have gone on a shopping spree at Sur La Table and Williams Sonoma...all sorts of kitchen goodies!

I would have bought the pony that wants to be a Clydesdale but isn't big enough. I saw it this past weekend at Sea World and it was so cute as it was munching on the grass. So tiny.

No comments: