Monday, September 8, 2008

Back in the saddle

And wishing I could fall off my horse and take a nap! Work blows.

The most commonly used words at my office: "In theory," "correct" and "leverage."

Hearing "in theory" makes me just want to pull out my hair. Gag. Puke up a calculator.

A typical conversation with The Equation:

Me: So I was thinking that we should try to remarket to the customers from--

Her: Correct.

Me: But for the creative, do you prefer this ad or that one?

Her: In theory the first ad appeals to the greater demographic, but we should leverage the targeting aspect of the second ad. In theory, that would be better.

Me: Ok, sure, I will--

Her: Correct.

Correct, correct, correct! Ack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dislike the word "creative" as a noun, as a rule. That's why i work in promotional marketing and not advertising. Blech. Haha.