Thursday, September 25, 2008

Scribbles from Dallas

I'm in Dallas. No, no, not another trip, just a night away (one night doesn't count). I didn't even have to pack my bright red carry-on bag; instead I opted for a small duffle. Efficient. Light. *shrug*

I like Dallas. Nothing glamorous here, but good restaurants and good shopping from what I can tell. I appreciate the rolling hills and shady trees sprawled across corporate campuses.

A few things:

1) I was never a huge fan of Holiday Inn Expresses....but they give me a free cookie when I check in! So I can't complain.

2) I work with a bunch of foodies. My parents think I am a foodie but I'm convinced that 80% of Angelenos are foodies. You should hear how my team at work disects each and every meal, analyzes every recipe. Debates on what to order at dinner. It's exhausting and delicious!

3) I won't sit by The Equation on flights for business travel. Because I don't want to work. She can work. I'll be in some seat several rows away doing the air plane head bob people do when they are falling asleep.

4) One of my best friends is coming to visit Los Angeles this weekend! Agenda includes a Lobster Festival (yum!), Santa Monica Farmers Market, comedy club on Sunset, dinner in K-town, and who knows what else....yay!

5) I meet with a writers group in a few weeks...must think of something to write about...ahem.....

Night, y'all.

No comments: