Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chicago, Wahoo!

Okay, so this is my fourth weekend in a row of traveling. Yesterday I thought I had lost it. I thought I was so tired and worn down that I couldn't do it. My 12-hour day at work was spent lost in an excel sheet, my brain and tired body scrambling to put together a presentation. Instead of getting stressed or pissy, I became utterly goofy and giddy and stupid. And, damn, I had FUN!

But today, I'm put together. I've made a packing list. I'm ready for the weekend, to see my friends and be in that Chicago rain. I even have a new umbrella, courtesy of a random hotel guy in DC!

Come Friday afternoon at approximately 1:00, when my business meeting is over, I am a free woman! You'll find me at a bar sipping wine or drinking beer until one of my best friends gets off work.

Wahoo, Chi-town!

1 comment:

Princess Pointful said...

I adore Chicago. I just went there for the first time this summer, and it got me hooked!