Monday, December 8, 2008

Me

Croatia - on the Island of Hvar.

I am outspoken and opinionated and brash but let me be shy. I will be shy if I like you.

I was told once that I duck my head just so, when I laugh, and my shoulders tighten with joy. Why dip my head to hide such a smile?

I am used to knowing the answers and being the overly confident one. Let me be unsure; let me be the Explorer. It is not that I am afraid; it’s that I adore the process of discovering the unknown.

My life is padded with friends. They catch me and enfold me; like palm fronds and grape leaves they shield me from the winds of life. They are my Light.

Don’t assume that I know. Let me be told I am beautiful because I am not always quite sure.

I care what people think but think that I don’t care. I work hard but am not always sure what I am working towards.

At night I count sheep to sleep. I count backwards sweetly, starting with 100, and then I might drift off to DreamLand sometime around 74.

Do I smile too much? Do I laugh too loud? Let me be clumsy and silly. Beneath the giggles is a brain that is addicted to the news; my mice wheel of thoughts that are never-ending and ever-dreaming.

I drink music in like caramel. I am the honey-glazed notes of a piano.

I’ve long debated whether I am a night person or a morning flower and I know now that I am one of Morning. I feel peace in the first light of day.

This is Me. I am sure.

No comments: