Friday, November 14, 2008

It's been a week

It's been quite the week. I've been too busy to write. I've been roasting a turkey. My roommate and I drank too much wine while we cooked last weekend and we both fell asleep on the living room floor, only to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to stagger off to our rooms. I hiked and climbed a mountain to see the pristine ocean once I reached the top. There I stood amid wild flowers and rock and looked out across the city. I shopped and read. I stayed at work until midnight one night. I took a good friend out for a belated birthday feast at one of my favorite joints in Santa Monica. I had Date #2 with Mr. Infatuation (and I'm still infatuated!). I went on an art walk in downtown Los Angeles last night where G and I ate delicious, greasy pizza and caught up on our last week. We mingled among the hipsters and slipped in and out of galleries where the art was dark and somber. We ended the night at a charming downtown bar, another favorite, sipping wine and listening to jazz, wondering to ourselves, Why don't we come here more often?

And now, here we are. Here I am. It's Friday yet again. Work has been quite chaotic this week. No turkey tonight for moi. Actually, no big plans for the weekend.

I think it's time for some Jo Time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'll be knocking on granite soon