Monday, November 10, 2008

Infatuated

I've only had just one date with this person, but I am pretty sure he is perfect.

Perhaps I will regret these words in just a month, but in all my honesty, I am thinking them now.
Tall and dark and handsome. Sarcastic and business savvy. Independent and starting his own business. Not in the entertainment industry. Strong and athletic. Calls me out on my bullshit. Intelligent. Funny, witty. Close to his family. Inquisitive. Not an "LA Pretty Boy" but likes to camp and hike and sweat. He can cook. He's insecure and has told me why. He wants to know about my life and my career and where I am going. He's asked about my family. Successful. Direct. He says what he means. Charming and sweet.

That's what I've gathered in just a week.

This last year I've viewed dating as a chore. I can't remember all of the names, but I remember walking out my door. Lipstick on, hair perfect, mind set. Ready to interview and be interviewed (because let's just call it what it is) and ready to brush the guy off and move on to the next. And that's what I've always done.

But this guy. I have a thousand questions I want to ask him. And can't wait to ask each and every one.

I haven't felt this excited since my ex boyfriend.

And, perhaps, that's all that matters.

No comments: