Thursday, November 6, 2008

Office amusements

A few things occur within my office and organization that I think are strange.

People will send interoffice mail to another person even if that person sits a mere 20 feet away. It's not a shameful thing. The Equation is big on this, suggesting that I interoffice to a person's office I could easily walk to.

We are "tight on budget" but spend about $500 on Sprinkles Cupcakes for birthday and anniversary celebrations. This occurs every week or two.

Our IT team tried to change the time on our phones for daylight savings, but that task was too difficult. Now our entire voicemail system is broken and shut down. IT sends out updates about three times a day to update us on the progress (or lack of progress). I'd prefer they just leave me a voicemail once it's fixed.

My VP, a black man, heard that I was a super hero for Halloween a few years back. He told me he was, too.

What were you, which super hero?

Black Man!

Are you serious?

Yup! I had a cape and everything.

Oh.

People take the elevator to Floor 2.

We regularly interrupt important meetings to discuss food.

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could go on forever! I don' even work in a big company setting anymore and we still have "sales meetings" in which we talk about how accounting should be nice to sales because we pay their salaries...amazing.