Thursday, January 15, 2009

JoRawMa Updates

Never eat more than you can lift.
~Miss Piggy

My coworkers at first insisted that they work from home while I complete my raw food fast, lest I transform into some hungry, crazy bitch. It’s either that or they were going to keep a steak on hand and toss it to me if I get feisty, like I’m some sort of wolf.

They’ve taken to calling me JoRawMa. That didn’t take long.

The fast isn’t really that big of a deal. I feel full but I’m not satisfied. I want warm bread and pasta sauces and I happen to like my veggies sautéed. But it is what it is and I actually do feel pretty good. I’ve been eating spinach salad and clementines; a handful of almonds here and there; homemade hummus and broccoli. Tonight Roomie and I are concocting homemade raw lasagna out of almonds that have been soaked for 48-hours. Look, it doesn’t make my mouth water. But I feel great, have more energy and am losing weight, so…*shrug.*

I’m also pretty excited about my wholesome weekend. Weekend lineup includes a hard core Scrabble tourney on Friday night after munching on sunflower seed veggie patties. Drink of choice? Water, of course. I’m going to see a movie on Saturday and then I actually will pick up my fantastic set up clubs and hit balls again or play golf!

I’ll also be working at least one of the days, if not both. C’est la vie.

No comments: