Sunday, October 5, 2008

The G Word

It's a cool Sunday morning in Los Angeles. The sun is out but the air is brisk and it reminds me of winters in Arizona, a sunny sort of cold.

I spoke with a close friend this morning and we said goodbye. Goodbye. We don't know how long it will be before we talk again. This person used to be my version of a live journal of sorts, my human diary, a human reservoir that could hold my outpourings of life and hope and fears and sadness and wants and dreams. A challenger and poet and Believer in the Good.

They say, "A reason, a season, a lifetime," and I have yet to discover which jar I shall categorize this friend in, years from now when I am graced with the perspective and wisdom to make that decision.

We are leaves floating in the river and I've been pulled away by one current, and my friend, another.

You are strong and mighty (like me) and you are weak and vulnerable (like me) and in those ways we are forever linked.

1 comment:

Princess Pointful said...

Hard decisions to make, but I doubt you would make it without good reason.