Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Schmonday

So I’m back in Los Angeles. I was away in Phoenix for a long weekend. It was supposed to be a normal weekend but I kept adding on the days and then it just turned into one long weekend. I needed it.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to catch my flight so I’m just barely hanging in there right now. I’m buzzed from the hazelnut coffee.

It’s hard to come back to Daily Crap Grind after a nice long weekend away. It’s difficult to drive through the morning LA fog to the office where politics await and management is all jittery and anxious over profits being down. I feel like I’m in that movie Groundhog Day. I ate at the same restaurant down the street for lunch as I did last week. I ate with the same people. I ordered the same thing. I’m even having repeat conversations with The Equation.

It’s hard to focus, I won’t lie.

So I’m not.

Instead, I’m going back and forth with my friend over a business venture. (Details to come!) I booked a trip to Austin. Ever been? I haven’t. It’s been on The List for a while so it’s about time. I hear there’s good music there, good food. Heck, they even have ghost tours! Yeeee Haw!

In two days I sneak away to New York for a bit. I’ll see friends there, yes, but not until Friday. Wednesday night I’m looking forward to exploring the city solo. Perhaps a little shopping. Maybe some wine. A good book and a long walk. Thursday and Friday I’m in meetings for the most of the day but Equation and I are going to see Phantom of the Opera so that’ll be good.

Not hard to sit in the dark, eh? Excel sheets, they can’t find me there.

1 comment:

Austin & Lauren aka. Laustin said...

In AZ and no phone call? Unacceptable Jo. :) Hope all is well.